Sunday, October 6, 2013

Days Like Yesterday.

Yesterday was one of those days that initially didn't seem like much but turned out to be unexpectedly chock full of awesome. Originally we were going to go upstate, but after a week of me getting sick and then me getting him sick and then us both being sick, we didn't feel up to the travel. 

So the morning was just the right amount of lazy, tea and oatmeal and two episodes of Parenthood on Netflix. Not just any episodes - the season finale of season 3 and the season premiere of season 4. Finales and premieres are just better. They try harder. Though this show is amazing enough on its own. I love my family of course, but I wish I could somehow be part of the Braverman family too.


If you haven't watched it yet, I suggest you find your way to a Netflix account and do so.

After that escapism, Patrick and I went to a couple of open houses of - surprise surprise - two more houses that won't work for us. The first one advertised three bedrooms but in reality only had two. The second had a kitchen on all three floors. 

But THEN. It was time for one of my favorite events of the year: going to Hicks to see Otto and get a pumpkin! This has been part of my Halloween tradition since before I can even remember.



Of course going yesterday made me think of how much better it will be when I have a kid someday (hopefully) to share it all with. 

After Hicks we went for a walk at Stillwell to enjoy the unseasonably warm weather and fall foliage.




As we were leaving we spontaneously pulled into a carnival just to buy zeppoles.


Then we spontaneously went to Bed Bath and Beyond to find some ideas for the registry. Got dinner at Mario's in Plainview, then met my brother and some friends for drinks at The Black Sheep Ale House in my hometown. 

Today will be decidedly more hectic. I have press releases to write for work, a youth group meeting to prepare for and execute, more open houses to visit, and a million other things to do. And yet somehow it's almost noon and I haven't done any of it. How does this happen?

I've been so antsy for time to go faster because I really want the wedding to get here already. But something tells me that I need to just relax and appreciate the days like yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment