Saturday, September 14, 2013

Mile by Mile.

Leaving in few or Philadelphia to run the Philly Rock and Roll Half Marathon tomorrow. I'm psyched, but I don't feel QUITE as well trained as I would hope to be. Someone suggested that I assign a special intention to think/pray about during each mile. Here goes:

Mile 1. Patrick, my fiancé and best friend, and our future together.
Mile 2. My parents, for randomly deciding to have me 11 years after having five kids.
Mile 3. My siblings, all six of them.
Mile 4. Peace in Syria, and safety at events like marathons.
Mile 5. My in-laws: the ones I have through my siblings, and my future ones: Jen & the Murphys.
Mile 6. My nieces and nephews. All 10 of them.
Mile 7. My bridal party and other close friends I’ve had over the years.
Mile 8. Capuchin Youth and Family Ministries, all of the amazing people I’ve met through it (especially Father Fred!), and the future of the organization.
Mile 9. Our Lady of Mercy LifeTeen, all of the amazing people I’ve met through it, and the future of the group.
Mile 10. Team in Training, all of the amazing people I’ve met through it, and the future of the organization.
Mile 11. New Paltz, the town that has shaped who I am as a writer so much. Especially my writing professors and the New Paltz Youth Center.
Mile 12 is for my sister Gina.
Mile 13 will be for anyone who likes this post :)
The last tenth of a mile will be for Patrick, again.

I'm supposed to leave in half an hour, so I guess now is a good time to start packing. After I finish my tea, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment